Hello, my name is Kat, and I’m a travelholic.
My passion for travel and diversity grows with every new culture I encounter. I possess this thirst for knowledge and craving for adventure that cannot be denied. With every new food that I taste, and new language that I speak, I have this insatiable desire to share my experiences for the benefit of others. With hopes that I might encourage open-mindedness and a compassion for humanity, I share my unique experiences with my heart on my sleeve. Through my voice and my actions, my writing and my honesty, I hope to make the world a better place.
I am a strong believer in truth, beauty, freedom, and love. I created “NomadiKat” as a means for sharing my inner most thought process, as well as my real life encounters from around the globe. Through story telling and personal experiences, I can share my growth and maturity while advocating for respect and education.
Every individual on this earth has a unique and beautiful experience. I do not expect my readers to think exactly what I think. Instead, I encourage my readers to develop their own opinions based upon multiple sources of information. We live in this amazing era where we are able to go around the world in a matter of days, and communicate with almost ANYONE ON EARTH within a matter of seconds. What incredible feats of technology! It would be ludicrous NOT to utilize the endless opportunity and information at our fingertips.
Meanwhile, we must remain conscious of the fact that with this power comes responsibility. The responsibility to act with compassion and respect, and to follow a path that is good and just. Though my stories may be controversial, I aim to spread awareness of certain issues that plague our existence. Issues like abuse, neglect, starvation, and ignorance. Violence, oppression, hate, and exploitation. It is only by making our voices heard that we might start a conversation in hopes of inspiring beneficial change. The first step is admitting we have a problem.
Through NomadiKat media, I hope to use literature, video, and photography to achieve the following:
– Encourage more individuals to travel the world and to learn about other cultures and perspectives
– Address budget travel options so that it is accessible and realistic
– Perpetuate honesty as an ever standing virtue
– Generate cross cultural curiosity, tolerance, and understanding
– Teach kindness and compassion, as well as open-mindedness and diversity
– Advocate respect for (wo)mankind and education for all
– Encourage critical thinking and cerebral stimulation (sounds sexy, right?)
– Give a voice to those who might otherwise be silenced
– Foster conversation pertaining to certain maladies within our society that could lead to positive action
– Inspire confidence and self worth in those who ought to believe in themselves and all they can achieve
– To entertain. Duh! We all love a good story.
Through my story telling, I try to take a responsible approach towards fragile situations. I’m not always right, and I don’t always succeed. I am human, I make mistakes, I must stay strong. It is part of my journey, that which intersects the journeys of others, as we all make our way around this big ol’ globe we call home.